HR Business Partner/People Partner - Full Time
Location: Remote (Portland or Austin)
Reports to: Head of HR
As Brave Care continues to grow, we're looking for an innovative and passionate people partner. This is a great opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, Health-Tech company changing the way children and families access excellent healthcare. We're looking for someone to join the HR team who is great with process and compliance, wants to have a big impact in their role, and is passionate about creating an engaging workplace for employees.
In this role, you will…
- Evaluate and implement best practices around compensation, equity, total rewards
- Provide HR policy guidance, interpretation, and development and maintain the employee handbook as we expand our clinics and grow
- Support team members through the Leave Of Absence process by determining eligibility, maintaining regular communication, retrieving appropriate documentation, and facilitating the Return to Work process.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance, partnering with the legal consult as needed.
- Assist in policy implementation and rollout of new processes to ensure a positive experience for employees and managers.
- Reviews current and needed programs and help with process development and improvement
- Research and analyze data and prepares quarterly reports on HR trends, new HR project suggestions, and current program goals and progress.
You’ll be a good match if…
- You believe HR plays a vital role in fostering a positive workplace culture
- You like a fast-paced, startup environment, that is ever-changing and innovating
- You love the compliance and process aspects of HR
- You like to stay up with best practices and developing trends in the workplace
You’ll need to have…
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of human resource management
- Working knowledge of state and federal labor laws and regulations.
- Ability to compose and present comprehensive reports.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with many technologies and the ability to learn more
Compensation & Benefits
At Brave Care, we believe in life at work and life outside of work. We want our employees to be happy, healthy, as well as, have the resources and the support that they need to thrive.
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Paid Family Leave (3 months)
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Full family health care coverage including comprehensive, medical, dental, vision, Life & Disability Insurance
- Conference allowance
- 5 Days for CME and Training
- Education/tutorial allowance
- 7 sick days
- Wellness allowance ($100/month for a gym, spa, or other investments in your physical or emotional health)
Company Mission & Ethos
Brave Care offers high-quality children’s primary and urgent care in Portland, Oregon. We see pediatric patients cradle to college, for a variety of conditions including cold and flu, fevers, vaccinations, broken bones, and allergies. Open 7 days a week, we provide a convenient and cost-effective alternative to standard primary, urgent care facilities, and emergency rooms. Brave Care has an onsite lab and x-ray and is focused on treating patient concerns that require immediate care.
Brave Care is an equal opportunity employer and committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.