As Brave Care continues to grow we're looking for a Lead LPN. This is a great opportunity to be part of a practice and company changing the way children and families access and receive care. We’re looking for a Lead LPN to help us staff our clinic as well as manage a team of Medical Assistants.
In this role you will…
Manage a team of medical assistants. This includes but is not limited to:
- Be the in-clinic “point person” for patient care needs such as referral assistance, medication refills, and other parent and caregiver asks for our patients
- Identify and standardize best practices around fielding billing questions and managing parents or callers
- Ensure a safe, secure, and legal work environment
- Maintain staff by selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Develops professional growth opportunities for team members
- Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Coach, counsel, and disciplines employees
- Manage and conduct regular 1:1s with your team of medical assistants (9-12)
- Provide basic advice for parents
- Provide triage assessment as needed for parents, directing patients either to us the next day, the ER, or parents to call 911 as appropriate
- Keep accurate and complete records of phone calls including name and DOB of patient and name of parent or caregiver calling as well as reason for call and outcome.
You’ll be a good match if…
- Abstinence from drinking alcohol or other drugs during or immediately before your shift
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Process Oriented
- Previous Management/Supervisory Experience
- Organization skills, great at multitasking.
You’ll need to have…
- 1-2 Yrs. Exp. Management/Supervisory Experience (Desired but not required)
- 1-3 Yrs. Exp. Pediatric Nursing Experience (Required)
Compensation & Benefits
At Brave Care we believe in life at work and life outside of work. We want our employees to be happy, healthy, as well as, have the resources and the support that they need to thrive.
- Competitive pay
- 100% employer paid family health care coverage including medical, dental, vision, Life & Disability Insurance
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 1 week paid sick leave
- 2 floating holidays
- Wellness allowance ($100/month for physical wellbeing)
- CME allowance
- Paid Parental Leave (3 months)
Company Mission & Ethos
Brave Care offers high-quality children’s primary and urgent care in Portland, Oregon and Fayetteville, NC. We see pediatric patients cradle to college, for a variety of conditions including: cold and flu, fevers, vaccinations, broken bones, and allergies. Open 7 days a week, we provide a convenient and cost-effective alternative to standard primary, urgent care facilities, and emergency rooms. Brave Care has an onsite lab and x-ray, and is focused on both primary and immediate care for children and young adults.
Brave Care is an equal opportunity employer and committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.