Primary Care Coordinator
Location: Portland, OR
As Brave Care continues to grow we're looking for a Primary Care Coordinator to join our team. This is a great opportunity to be part of a practice and company changing the way children and families access and receive care. The Primary Care Coordinator will be a critical member of our Primary Care Team. In this role you will interact with our patients, providers, caregivers, and partners (our customers) to ensure the efficient processing of critical medical records, referrals, patient communications, and other administrative duties.
In this role you will…
- Respond to Primary Care Patient inquiries via phone and email and with a high level of care and detail as it relates to the process of document requests.
- Manage the compliant processing of all Medical Record Requests and Referrals, working cross functionally with billing and operations.
- Support Brave Care’s Primary Care team by operationalizing all administration tasks across Primary Care
- Define and implement the standard for all ROI (release of information) processes for Brave Care in compliance with HIPAA and state statutes.
- Help define our workflows and processes, contributing to our team’s constant improvement.
- Use your high organizational & project management skills to thoughtfully prioritize and plan your day
- Validate requests and authorizations for release of medical information according to established procedures and HIPAA guidelines
- Complete release of information requests by properly transmitting patient records between Brave Care and previous medical providers, as well as from Brave Care to specialists or other referral sites. Performs quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing
- Work schedule includes four 10-hour shifts with a weekend rotation
You’ll be a good match if…
- You love contributing to a team’s success and view the success of your teammates as your own.
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbally and written.
- You are exceptionally detail oriented and understand how to connect the pixels to the big picture.
- You view ambiguity as an opportunity to pave a new path and change as a chance to grow.
- You approach your work with a low ego, but a high sense of care and compassion.
- You are comfortable with both giving and receiving feedback.
- You are comfortable with technology and lean on it to problem solve.
- You love working at a quick pace and enjoy variety in your day.
You’ll need to have…
- 3 or more years working within a high-volume primary care pediatric practice as a patient care coordinator, administrator, or medical record/referral specialist
- Experience in building and managing compliant clinic administrative workflows and ROI (Release of Information) processing.
- Acquire and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Show proof of vaccination status for COVID-19 (subject to accommodations)
Compensation & Benefits:
At Brave Care, we believe in life at work and life outside of work. We want our employees to be happy, healthy, as well as, have the resources and the support that they need to thrive. Benefits include:
- 100% employer paid family health care coverage including medical, dental, vision, and Life & Disability Insurance for full time employees
- Paid time-off
- Paid sick leave
- Paid Family Leave
- Professional development
- CME allowances
- Wellness allowance ($100/month for physical and mental wellbeing)