As Brave Care continues to grow we're looking for a Clinical Educator. This is a great opportunity to be part of a practice and company changing the way children and families access and receive care. The Clinical Educator develops and provides education and evaluation modules for patient care staff while facilitating evidenced-based care within Pediatrics. Further, the Clinical Educator collaborates with medical providers, nurses, and medical assistants to develop, improve, and incorporate medical processes into care delivery.
Brave Care is a group of pediatric primary and urgent care clinics in Portland, OR. Our goal is to provide children, teenagers, young adults, and families with a comfortable and compassionate environment for medical care. We’re open 7 days a week, 10 am to 10 pm, and take care of everything from flu shots to wellness visits to broken bones. Our team includes a variety of pediatric specialists, engineers, product managers, and marketers all aimed at creating a better experience for patients and families. Join us to help build the future of awesome pediatric care. This position will require 30% - 40% Travel Required
In this role, you will…
- Be the expert in all of our systems and processes within Brave Care at every level of the medical team. You will be the superuser.
- Develop and provide educational modules and educational leadership to care providers and staff to enhance pediatric patient care within established clinical settings.
- Assists caregivers with educational needs, problem resolution, and health management across the continuum of care.
- Collaborates with medical providers, patient care staff, and clinic management in the planning, implementation, and delivery of educational curricula.
- Initiates skills development programs within the parameters of established care models; monitors trends and implements educational strategies to ensure compliance with quality standards and parameters.
- Develops patient care plans, incorporating evidenced-based research and national standards; consults with and serves as a resource to ensure quality patient care.
- Educates technical and patient care staff in the use of new equipment, supplies, and instruments; coordinates in-service training and workshops for appropriate staff.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Onboarding of new providers, MAs, and nurses
- This role directly reports to the Head of Clinical Operations
You’ll be a good match if…
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of protocol, procedures, and standards within the area of pediatric expertise.
- Ability to provide operational guidance and insights to technical staff in an area of specialty.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to assess educational needs and design and develop responsible curricula.
- Technical leadership skills within the area of expertise.
- Advanced nursing skills in the area of specialty.
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care programs.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment
- Knowledge of Apple computers and relevant software applications including all Google Suite programs.
- Travel will be required, particularly in the week before we open new clinics and at regular touchpoints thereafter- 30% - 40% Travel Required
You’ll need to have…
- Pediatric RN, BSN, PA, or NP; at least 3 years of experience in this role
- Experience in clinical education
Compensation & Benefits
At Brave Care, we believe in life at work and life outside of work. We want our employees to be happy, healthy, as well as, have the resources and the support that they need to thrive.
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Paid Family Leave (3 months)
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Full family health care coverage including comprehensive, medical, dental, vision, Life & Disability Insurance
- 5 Days for CME and Training
- Education/tutorial allowance
- 2 weeks sick days
- Wellness allowance ($100/month for a gym, spa, or other investments in your physical or emotional health)
Company Mission & Ethos
Brave Care offers high-quality children’s primary and urgent care in Portland, Oregon. We see pediatric patients cradle to college, for a variety of conditions including cold and flu, fevers, vaccinations, broken bones, and allergies. Open 7 days a week, we provide a convenient and cost-effective alternative to standard primary, urgent care facilities, and emergency rooms. Brave Care has an onsite lab and x-ray and is focused on treating patient concerns that require immediate care.
Brave Care is an equal opportunity employer and committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.