Brave Care offers modern, high-quality health care for children. We see pediatric patients cradle to college for a variety of conditions including: cold and flu, fevers, vaccinations, broken bones and allergies. Open 7 days a week, we provide a convenient and cost-effective alternative to standard urgent care facilities and emergency rooms.
Please read about how we're building Brave Care differently.
As Brave Care continues to grow we're looking for an awesome full time radiology technologist and clinical assistant to support our practice. This is a great opportunity where you will get to be a part of a practice and company changing the way children receive primary and urgent care.
We're looking for someone fast on their feet, with a passion for helping children and families. In this role you will:
- Function as a highly integral member of our team by performing x-ray exams with other clinical work between exams. This highly important work includes interacting with families, performing lab tests, administering vaccines and medications, and otherwise working alongside our providers to take great care of patients.
- Provide comprehensive, responsible, compassionate, and high-quality medical services to children from the cradle to college.
- Practice in a state-of-the-art clinic.
- Follow up on patient care as needed with a child's parent or guardian.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform high quality x-ray exams in pediatric patients
- Perform lab tests, administering vaccines and medications, and otherwise working alongside our providers to take great care of patients.
- Front desk functions including answering phones, checking in patients, as well as processing payments and collecting co-pay and other monies due.
- Function within appropriate scope of practice, perform limited procedures on those patients as delegated by Clinical Lead or Supervisor, Practice Manager, Physicians and/or Allied Health Professionals (AHP’s).
- Adhere to assigned work schedule (attendance and punctuality).
- Provide patients with support and/or treatment over the phone as directed by provider(s).
- If applicable, ensure timely renewal of State licensure or certification, including acquiring and tracking required continuing education units (CEUs).
- Perform delegated functions using established procedures, policies, guidelines, and standards per Brave Care standards and Oregon Revised Statutes scope of practice guidelines.
- Utilize clinical knowledge and critical thinking skills in delivering safe, effective and therapeutic care of the patient per Brave Care standards.
- Responds to patient phone messages, processes requests, refills (within protocols) and referrals in a timely manner.
- Assist Physician and/or AHP as needed in procedures, visits and managing patient flow.
- Consistently meets quality standards and compliance with Brave Care standards and within appropriate scope of practice.
- Seeks assistance as needed and asks questions in a timely manner and to appropriate staff.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understand site specific flow, protocol & processes: Clinic specific processes are understood and followed, when uncertain will seek assistance.
- Demonstrates clinical understanding of providing care per standards, and within scope of practice. Critical thinking, triage assessment, problem solving and documentation reflect consistent meeting of standards, are demonstrated in meeting passing score of random chart review as per scope of practice.
- Consistently meets the overall Clinical competency standards for EMR documentation.
- Accurately schedule, change and cancel appointments in practice management system.
- If applicable, competency in accessing information from the hospital’s EMR.
- Discern and maintains confidentiality.
- Models a positive work ethic and customer friendly relations.
- Prioritize and multitask detailed projects with frequent interruptions.
- Solve problems, issues and concerns in a professional manner.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency working with MS Word, Excel, email and Databases.
- Comprehend and communicate information accurately and clearly (verbally and in writing, in person and via phone) with patients, all levels of personnel, and other individuals and groups.
- Skill in subjective, objective, assessment, planning, and evaluation of patient care within appropriate scope of practice.
- Demonstrates competency in evaluating and assessing patients and effectively documents information in EMR based on visit type.
- Answer questions regarding test results, disease process and general questions regarding health within appropriate scope of practice and/or as directed by provider. Defers to provider as appropriate.
- Meets standards as outlined on clinical competency review form.
- Other duties as assigned may include some or all of the following: Triage, Travel Medicine, Waived CLIA lab tests, Immunizations, Scribing, Diagnostic procedures/testing, Venipuncture, X-ray, Management of vaccines, Ordering/maintain supplies, Instrument processing, X-ray operation.
Education & Experience:
- Acquire and maintain current CPR certification.
- Any level of experience welcome
- X-Ray License
- Ensure CPR certification remains current
- All certifications and licensure to be paid by Brave Care
Brave Care is an equal opportunity employer and committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.