Lead Triage RN
Location: Portland, OR
As Brave Care continues to grow we're looking for a Lead Triage RN. This is a great opportunity to be part of a practice and company changing the way children and families access and receive care. We’re looking for a lead triage nurse to help us staff our daytime triage needs as well as manage a team of additional daytime and after-hours triage nurses. Our clinic in Portland is open from 10 AM-10 PM 7 days per week. Shifts would be 12 hours during our clinic hours, average 3 ½ days a week with rotating shifts.
In this role, you will…
Manage a team of 4-6 Remote Triage Nurses. This includes but is not limited to:
- Work to identify and standardize our process around triage, documentation, and standardization for common and uncommon phone calls
- Identify and standardize best practices around fielding billing questions and handling upset parents or callers
- Accomplish department objectives by managing staff; planning and evaluating department activities
- Maintain staff by selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Ensure a safe, secure, and legal work environment
- Develops personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Coach, counsel, and disciplines employees
- Develop, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards
- Manage and conduct regular 1:1s with your team of triage nurses (4-6)
- Identify and standardize processes around communication to the clinic staff
- Take on future projects such as training nurses as primary in-person staff at remote/telemedicine clinics
- Identify and develop standard processes around all ways that Brave Care patients contact our clinic (telemedicine, parent chat, as well as phone calls)
- Provide basic advice for parents
- Provide triage assessment for parents, directing patients either to us the next day, the ER, or parents to call 911 as appropriate
- Keep accurate and complete records of phone calls including name and DOB of patient and name of parent or caregiver calling as well as the reason for call and outcome.
You’ll be a good match if…
- Abstinence from drinking alcohol or other drugs during or immediately before your shift
- Maintain a quiet environment from which to take phone calls when they come. If you don’t have access to a quiet and professional environment, we are happy to provide office space for you to take calls from in our main office or one of our clinics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Process Oriented
- Previous Management/Supervisory Experience
- Organization Skills, great at multitasking.
You’ll need to have…
- 1-2 Yrs. Exp. Management/Supervisory Experience
- 1-3 Yrs. Exp. Pediatric Nursing Experience
- 1 Year Experience Phone Triage Required
Compensation & Benefits
At Brave Care, we believe in life at work and life outside of work. We want our employees to be happy, healthy, as well as, have the resources and the support that they need to thrive.
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Paid Family Leave (3 months)
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Full family health care coverage including comprehensive, medical, dental, vision, Life & Disability Insurance
- Conference allowance
- 5 Days for CME and Training
- Education/tutorial allowance
- 7 sick days
- Wellness allowance ($100/month for a gym, spa, or other investments in your physical or emotional health)
Company Mission & Ethos
Brave Care offers high-quality children’s primary and urgent care in Portland, Oregon. We see pediatric patients cradle to college, for a variety of conditions including cold and flu, fevers, vaccinations, broken bones, and allergies. Open 7 days a week, we provide a convenient and cost-effective alternative to standard primary, urgent care facilities, and emergency rooms. Brave Care has an onsite lab and x-ray and is focused on both primary and immediate care for children and young adults.
Brave Care is an equal opportunity employer and committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.