This posting is not current openings! This is a posting is for future Pediatric Medical Assistant positions at our Portland Clinics! If you are interested in joining the Brave Care team as a Pediatric Medical Assistant submit your application here to be consider for any upcoming openings!
As Brave Care continues to grow we're looking for a Pediatric Medical Assistant. This is a great opportunity to be part of a practice and company changing the way children and families access and receive care. We're looking for someone fast on their feet, with a passion for helping children and families.
Brave Care offers modern, high-quality health care for children. We see pediatric patients cradle to college for a variety of conditions including cold and flu, fevers, vaccinations, broken bones, and allergies. Open 7 days a week, we provide a convenient and cost-effective alternative to standard urgent care facilities and emergency rooms.
Please read about how we're building Brave Care differently.
Who We're Seeking
We're looking for an amazing full-time Medical Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a practice and company that is changing the way children receive primary and urgent care. We're looking for someone fast on their feet, with a passion for helping children and families. This position may be a good fit if you are,
- Already in a Medical Assistant role, and have at least 1.5 years of pediatric medical assisting experience
Please identify if any of these characteristics describe you as part of your cover letter.
In this role you will:
- Provide comprehensive, responsible, compassionate, and high-quality medical services to children from cradle to college.
- See walk-in and appointment-based primary care and acute care patients with minor injuries and illnesses.
- See patients as Medical Assistants in both primary and urgent care settings.
- Practice in a state-of-the-art clinic.
- Evaluate patient lab work.
- Follow up on patient care as needed with a child's parent or guardian.
Essential Job Functions
- Front desk functions including answering phones, checking in patients, as well as processing payments, and collecting co-pay and other monies due.
- Within the appropriate scope of practice, perform limited procedures on those patients as delegated by Clinical Lead or Supervisor, Practice Manager, Physicians and/or Allied Health Professionals (AHP’s).
- Adhere to the assigned work schedule (attendance and punctuality).
- Provides patients with support and/or treatment over the phone as directed by provider(s).
- Perform delegated functions using established procedures, policies, guidelines, and standards per Brave Care standards and Oregon Revised Statutes scope of practice guidelines.
- Utilize clinical knowledge and critical thinking skills in delivering safe, effective, and therapeutic care of the patient per Brave Care standards.
- Responds to patient phone messages, processes requests, refills (within protocols), and referrals in a timely manner.
- Assist Physician and/or AHP as needed in procedures, visits, and managing patient flow.
- Consistently meets quality standards and compliance with Brave Care standards and within the appropriate scope of practice.
- Seeks assistance as needed and asks questions in a timely manner and to appropriate staff.
- Answer questions regarding test results, disease process, and general questions regarding health within the appropriate scope of practice and/or as directed by the provider. Defers to the provider as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned may include some or all of the following: Triage, Travel Medicine, Waived CLIA lab tests, Immunizations, Scribing, Diagnostic procedures/testing, Venipuncture, X-ray, Management of vaccines, Ordering/maintain supplies, Instrument processing, X-ray operation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Learn and follow site-specific flow, protocol & processes. When uncertain, seek assistance.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, triage assessment, problem-solving, and documentation skills.
- Discern and maintain confidentiality.
- Model a positive work ethic and customer-friendly relations.
- Prioritize and multitask detailed projects with frequent interruptions.
- Solve problems, issues, and concerns in a professional manner.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency working with MS Word, Excel, email, and Databases.
- Comprehend and communicate information accurately and clearly (verbally and in writing, in person and via phone) with patients, all levels of personnel, and other individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate skill in subjective, objective, assessment, planning, and evaluation of patient care within the appropriate scope of practice.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 1.5 years of experience in a pediatric MA role
- Acquire and maintain current CPR certification.
- All certifications and licensure to be paid by Brave Care.
At Brave Care, we believe in life at work and life outside of work. We want our employees to be happy, healthy, as well as, have the resources and the support that they need to thrive.
- Competitive pay
- 100% employer paid family health care coverage including medical, dental, vision, Life & Disability Insurance
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 1 week paid sick leave
- 2 floating holidays
- Wellness allowance ($100/month for physical wellbeing)
- CME allowance
- Paid Parental Leave (3 months)
Company Mission & Ethos
Brave Care offers high-quality children’s primary and urgent care in Portland, Oregon. We see pediatric patients cradle to college, for a variety of conditions including cold and flu, fevers, vaccinations, broken bones, and allergies. Open 7 days a week, we provide a convenient and cost-effective alternative to standard primary, urgent care facilities, and emergency rooms. Brave Care has an onsite lab and x-ray and is focused on treating patient concerns that require immediate care.
Brave Care is an equal opportunity employer and committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.