Brave Care is looking for a PRN Physician Assistant (PA)/Nurse Practitioner (NP) to support our practice. This is a great opportunity to be part of a practice and company changing the way children and families access and receive care. We're looking for someone fast on their feet, with a passion for helping children and families.
You’ll be a good match if:
- Currently licensed in the state of Oregon
- You’re already a PA or NP with a minimum of 1.5 years of experience interested in working in the pediatric space in an urgent care setting
- You have prior experience with pediatric urgent care
- You work independently
- You're confident in your abilities to provide great care, but also know your limits
- You have experience with urgent care procedures as well as well-child care
- You are comfortable drawing blood, putting in an IV, etc (or willing to learn)
- You have experience providing customer service, and working with people from all walks of life
- You are open to a variety of mindsets and perspectives on medical care
In this role you will:
- Provide comprehensive, responsible, compassionate, and high-quality medical services to children from cradle to college
- See walk-in and appointment-based acute care patients with minor injuries and illnesses.
- Provide well care services
- Practice in a state-of-the-art clinic
- Evaluate patient lab work
- Follow up on patient care as needed with a child's parent or guardian
- Have the availability to work a minimum of 3 shifts per month across multiple shift times
- Have the ability to support multiple clinics within your assigned market
- Have the ability to work efficiently and safely in a high volume patient care setting in a 1:1 ratio (1 Medical Assistant to 1 Provider)
- Maintain an active Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certifications, and other licenses and certifications as required (state license, etc.)
- Have the ability to pass the OSHA required medical evaluation & fit testing
Compensation & Benefits:
At Brave Care, we believe in life at work and life outside of work. We want our employees to be happy, healthy, as well as, have the resources and the support that they need to thrive. Benefits for this role include:
- Competitive wages
- Accrued PTO and sick time
Company Mission & Ethos
Brave Care offers high-quality children’s urgent care. We see pediatric patients cradle to college, for a variety of conditions including cold and flu, fevers, vaccinations, broken bones, and allergies. Open 7 days a week, we provide a convenient and cost-effective alternative to standard urgent care facilities, and emergency rooms. Brave Care has an onsite lab and x-ray and is focused on treating patient concerns that require immediate care.
Brave Care is an equal opportunity employer and committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.