At Brave Care, we are building the future of healthcare for kids. We are rethinking what getting care for your kiddo looks like, in order to create the best experience for kids and parents. That means building everything from the tech to the clinics, end to end ourselves.
Brave Care is full of kind people doing the best work of their careers. Self-starters who want to work collaboratively to achieve more. We learn from each other and support each other through all the challenges of building the future of children’s health care. We offer competitive salaries and benefits but more than that, work that matters. Making the world a better place is a cliche in the startup world, but the impact we have on children and families can change their lives.
As Brave Care continues to grow we're looking for awesome X-ray Techs and MA's to support our practice. This is a great opportunity where you will get to be a part of a practice and company changing the way children receive primary and urgent care.
We're looking for someone fast on their feet, with a passion for helping children and families. In this role you will:
- Provide comprehensive, responsible, compassionate, and high-quality medical services to children from cradle to college.
- See walk-in and appointment-based acute care patients with minor injuries and illnesses.
- See patients as an MA in both a primary and urgent care setting.
- Take X-Rays
- Practice in a state-of-the-art clinic.
- Evaluate patient lab work.
- Follow up on patient care as needed with a child's parent or guardian.
Essential Job Functions
- Front desk functions including answering phones, checking in patients, as well as processing payments, and collecting co-pay and other monies due.
- Within the appropriate scope of practice, perform limited procedures on those patients as delegated by Clinical Lead or Supervisor, Practice Manager, Physicians and/or Allied Health Professionals (AHP’s).
- Adheres to assigned work schedule (attendance and punctuality).
- Provides patients with support and/or treatment over the phone as directed by provider(s).
- If applicable, ensure timely renewal of State licensure or certification, including acquiring and tracking required continuing education units (CEUs).
- Perform delegated functions using established procedures, policies, guidelines, and standards per Brave Care standards and Oregon Revised Statutes scope of practice guidelines.
- Utilize clinical knowledge and critical thinking skills in delivering safe, effective, and therapeutic care of the patient per Brave Care standards.
- Responds to patient phone messages, processes requests, refills (within protocols), and referrals in a timely manner.
- Assist Physician and/or AHP as needed in procedures, visits and managing patient flow.
- Consistently meets quality standards and compliance with Brave Care standards and within the appropriate scope of practice.
- Seeks assistance as needed and asks questions in a timely manner and to appropriate staff.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Schedule for this role is: 3(12hr shifts) then 4(12hrs) the following week. Alternating weekends
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understand site-specific flow, protocol & processes: Clinic-specific processes are understood and followed, when uncertain will seek assistance.
- Demonstrates clinical understanding of providing care per standards, and within scope of practice. Critical thinking, triage assessment, problem-solving, and documentation reflect the consistent meeting of standards, are demonstrated in meeting a passing score of random chart review as per the scope of practice.
- Consistently meets the overall Clinical competency standards for EMR documentation.
- Accurately schedule, change and cancel appointments in the practice management system.
- If applicable, competency in accessing information from the hospital’s EMR.
- Discern and maintains confidentiality.
- Models a positive work ethic and customer friendly relations.
- Prioritize and multitask detailed projects with frequent interruptions.
- Solve problems, issues and concerns in a professional manner.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency working with MS Word, Excel, email and Databases.
- Comprehend and communicate information accurately and clearly (verbally and in writing, in person and via phone) with patients, all levels of personnel, and other individuals and groups.
- Skill in subjective, objective, assessment, planning, and evaluation of patient care within the appropriate scope of practice.
- Demonstrates competency in evaluating and assessing patients and effectively documents information in EMR based on visit type.
- Answer questions regarding test results, disease process, and general questions regarding health within the appropriate scope of practice and/or as directed by the provider. Defers to the provider as appropriate.
- Meets standards as outlined on clinical competency review form.
- Other duties as assigned may include some or all of the following: Triage, Travel Medicine, Waived CLIA lab tests, Immunizations, Scribing, Diagnostic procedures/testing, Venipuncture, X-ray, Management of vaccines, Ordering/maintain supplies, Instrument processing, X-ray operation.
Education & Experience:
- Acquire and maintain current CPR certification.
- Medical office experience preferred.
- X-Ray Operator Permit
- Ensure CPR certification remains current
- All certifications and licensure to be paid by Brave Care
- Competitive pay
- 100% employer paid family health care coverage including medical, dental, vision, Life & Disability Insurance
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 1 week paid sick leave
- 2 floating holidays
- Wellness allowance ($100/month for physical wellbeing)
- CME allowance
- Paid Parental Leave (3 months)
Brave Care is an equal opportunity employer and committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.