As Brave Care continues to grow we're looking for a Pediatric Medical Assistant. This is a great opportunity to be part of a practice and company changing the way children and families access and receive urgent care. We're looking for someone fast on their feet, with a passion for helping children and families.
As our medical assistant you’ll provide excellent support to our team of pediatric providers and deliver high quality care to our patients. At Brave Care we cross train all of our Medical Assistant on receptionist duties and at times ask our Medical Assistants to support the front desk. At the front desk you will be the first point of contact for patients and our families and will provide administrative support for our clinical staff.
In this role you will…
- Provide comprehensive, responsible, compassionate, and high-quality medical services to pediatric patients
- See walk-in and appointment-based acute care patients with minor injuries and illnesses
- See patients as Medical Assistants in an urgent care setting
- Practice in a state-of-the-art clinic
- Evaluate patient lab work
- Follow up on patient care as needed with a child's parent or guardian
- Assist visitors by greeting, welcoming, checking them in and out of appointments
- Deliver exceptional customer service and effectively managing difficult conversations
- Accurately verify patient insurance coverage
- Direct and announce patients appropriately for services
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while presenting essential information when needed
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers
- Manage security by following procedures and controlling access (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Checking patients out from appointments and scheduling any needed follow ups
- Complete other clerical receptionist duties such as but not limited to filing, photocopying, collating, faxing etc.
You’ll be a good match if:
- Are currently in a Medical Assistant role
- Have at least 1 year of pediatric medical assisting experience or general medical assisting experience
- Have the ability work a minimum of 3 shifts per month on an as-needed basis
- Provide comprehensive, responsible, compassionate, and high-quality medical services to children from cradle to college
Essential Job Functions:
- Front desk functions, including answering phones, checking in patients, as well as processing payments, and collecting copay and other monies due
- Within the appropriate scope of practice, perform limited procedures on those patients as delegated by Clinical Lead or Supervisor, Practice Manager, Physicians and/or Allied Health Professionals (AHP’s)
- Adhere to the assigned work schedule (attendance and punctuality)
- Provides patients with support and/or treatment over the phone as directed by provider(s)
- Utilize clinical knowledge and critical thinking skills in delivering safe, effective, and therapeutic care of the patient per Brave Care standards
- Responds to patient phone messages, processes requests, refills (within protocols), and referrals in a timely manner.
- Assist Physician and/or AHP as needed in procedures, visits, and managing patient flow
- Consistently meets quality standards and compliance with Brave Care standards and within the appropriate scope of practice
- Seeks assistance as needed and asks questions in a timely manner and to appropriate staff
- Answer questions regarding test results, disease process, and general questions regarding health within the appropriate scope of practice and/or as directed by the provider. Defers to the provider as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned may include some or all of the following: Triage, Waived CLIA lab tests, Immunizations, Scribing, Diagnostic procedures/testing, Venipuncture, X-ray, Management of vaccines, Ordering/maintain supplies, Instrument processing, X-ray operation
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Learn and follow site-specific flow, protocol & processes. When uncertain, seek assistance
- Demonstrate critical thinking, triage assessment, problem-solving, and documentation skills
- Discern and maintain confidentiality
- Model a positive work ethic and customer-friendly relations
- Prioritize and multitask detailed projects with frequent interruptions
- Solve problems, issues, and concerns in a professional manner
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency working with MS Word, Excel, email, and Databases
- Comprehend and communicate information accurately and clearly (verbally and in writing, in person and via phone) with patients, all levels of personnel, and other individuals and groups
- Demonstrate skill in subjective, objective, assessment, planning, and evaluation of patient care within the appropriate scope of practice
- Acquire and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Have the ability to pass the OSHA required medical evaluation & fit testing
- Have the ability to support multiple clinics within your assigned market
- Have the ability to work efficiently and safely in a high volume patient care setting in a 1:1:1 ratio (1 Medical Assistant, 1 Receptionist and 1 Provider)
Compensation & Benefits:
At Brave Care, we believe in life at work and life outside of work. We want our employees to be happy, healthy, as well as, have the resources and the support that they need to thrive.
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
Company Mission & Ethos
Brave Care offers high-quality children’s urgent care. We see pediatric patients cradle to college, for a variety of conditions including cold and flu, fevers, vaccinations, broken bones, and allergies. Open 7 days a week, we provide a convenient and cost-effective alternative to standard urgent care facilities, and emergency rooms. Brave Care has an onsite lab and x-ray and is focused on treating patient concerns that require immediate care.
Brave Care is an equal opportunity employer and committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.