PRN - Position - 1-2 Shifts per week availability
Location: Portland, OR
As Brave Care continues to grow we're looking for a triage nurse. This is a great opportunity to be part of a practice and company changing the way children and families access and receive care. We’re looking for nurses to help us staff our day-hours call line as well as other lines of communication from our children and families. Our clinic in Portland is open from 10 AM-10 PM 7 days per week. Shifts would be 12 hours during our clinic hours, an average of 1-2 shifts per week PRN.
In this role, you will…
You’ll be available during a pre-arranged schedule to answer patient and parent phone calls from 10 AM-10 PM. We expect our employees to maintain strict professional standards while they are on call. This includes but is not limited to:
- Abstinence from drinking alcohol or other drugs during or immediately before your shift
- Maintain a quiet environment from which to take phone calls when they come. If you don’t have access to a quiet and professional environment, we are happy to provide office space for you to take calls from in our main office or one of our clinics
- Provide basic advice for parents
- Provide triage assessment for parents, directing patients either to us the next day, the ER, or parents to call 911 as appropriate
- Keep accurate and complete records of phone calls including name and DOB of patient and name of parent or caregiver calling as well as the reason for call and outcome.
- Future staffing of hybrid in-person/telemedicine clinics in the Portland area.
Things we don’t expect: Here’s what you don’t need to worry about:
- Writing new prescriptions for patients
- Making a diagnosis
- Formulating a treatment plan
You’ll be a good match if…
- You enjoy communicating with children and families to help them make the best medical decisions possible
- You can think quickly on your feet and enjoy the challenge of obtaining and organizing critical health information
- You’re open to a role that may include staffing a hybrid in-person/telemedicine hybrid clinic as the in-person “hands” for one of our providers in addition to your duties as a triage expert
- You are organized and are efficient at managing multiple technology platforms, lines of communication, and responsibilities
- You’re eager to help our team provide the best medical care for kids by doing everything from providing advice, taking payments by phone, participating in a chat question from one of our patients or families, making appointments, and following up on patients and their care plan including following up on medications, referrals, and other components of the care plan
- You understand that providing great care is important but just as important is the experience of the child and family receiving that care
You’ll need to have…
- 2 years of pediatric nursing experience
- Eligible for or already licensed in Oregon
- 1-2 years of phone triage experience desired but not a requirement
At Brave Care, we believe in life at work and life outside of work. We want our employees to be happy, healthy, as well as, have the resources and the support that they need to thrive.
Company Mission & Ethos
Brave Care offers high-quality children’s primary and urgent care in Portland, Oregon. We see pediatric patients cradle to college, for a variety of conditions including cold and flu, fevers, vaccinations, broken bones, and allergies. Open 7 days a week, we provide a convenient and cost-effective alternative to standard primary, urgent care facilities, and emergency rooms. Brave Care has an onsite lab and x-ray and is focused on both primary and immediate care for children and families.
Brave Care is an equal opportunity employer and committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.